Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Like a virgin...

A What I Wore Wednesday virgin, that is!!  ;)

I'm new to The Pleated Poppy and decided to participate in WIWW.  And of course it's the one time I don't have my camera.  I lent it to the boys for their trip so you have to deal with my blurry-ish pics from my iPod.  Please bear with me as I realized while snapping away that this is actually way more painful than it looks.  I'm not a big fan of putting myself out there with pictures, so I didn't really smile or anything (the whole time was spent wondering why I was even considering participating).  Another reason I was cringing inside is that I'm very much a lover of denim.

Jeans, denim look trousers and capris, denim chambray shirts, denim shorts, denim skirts, etc.  I even have denim espadrilles.

So this whole outfit freaked me out.
Even though it came from my closet.
And picked out by me.
Go figure.

And since my pictures loaded in a wacky order, we'll start with shoes.  Sandals I've had forever.
Exciting, I know.


Polka dot nail polish jobby I did the night before.  Not perfect at all, but fun to me.  :)
OPI Cajun Shrimp and Petites Baby Blue.  The OPI is more orangey pink than just plain red as it looks here.


A striped skirt and a belt in the same outfit almost made me panic.  I almost took it off.   I don't like to stand out (and I felt a striped skirt did just that),  and I thought the belt would make me feel fidgety.  It didn't. :)

*Please forgive the mess behind me.  It's yard sale stuff that I've been collecting and piling in this room and it happens to be where the full length mirror is.  Yikes, that's a lot of junk...better get my sale on and quick!!


I suppose here is where I list where I got these items, so here goes:

Black tank - Macy's
Pink tank - Nordstrom Rack
Belt - TJ Maxx
Sandals - DSW

pleated poppy

2 comments:

Object of Maya*ffection said...

You look great! Belts are hard for me BUT they so make an outfit! Can't wait to see what you wear next week!

Flor said...

Welcome to wiww! Your going to love it! It's really made a difference for me :) I love that skirt on you and the way you paired it with a vibrant color. And the belt completely finishes the outfit. For your first outfit post I think you did a great job! :)