Wednesday, January 27, 2010

I heart Expedia.com

O.k., so our son's 13th birthday is coming up. The boy loves Disneyland and the only thing he wants to do is go there for his birthday. Easy to do since we have passes (the cheapie ones that aren't really that cheap :/ ), but I want it to be more special than just a day there. I figure if we can surprise him by staying at the Disneyland Hotel, we'll be the coolest parents around. Decision made and it's on.

Fast forward to me clicking happily through the Disney web site hitting buttons and filling in dates like I'm the only person who could possibly be on said site at 1:30 a.m., right? Wrong. As I found the appropriate dates available at the hotel, I decide to see what a better view (why?we're only sleeping there, right?) would cost. I'll tell you what it cost: the availability I previously had!!!!!! DRAT! Frustrated, I try to find another hotel (not any of the Disneyland ones; all booked) so Hubby says "Did you try Expedia?" Me "No." So I do and guess what?! THEY HAVE A ROOM AT THE DISNEYLAND HOTEL AND NOW IT'S MINE, ALL MINE. Well, ours, but you get the drift. ;) YAY!

It took me about 20 minutes to get through my thick skull that the Disney site was a bust and about 1 minute to get the stinkin' room found, booked and paid for on Expedia.

Thank you, Expedia.com. MUAH!

No comments: