Thursday, February 18, 2010

Home again, home again

Jiggety-jig. It feels great to be home! I loved our road trip to Denver. We went through AZ, NM, CO, UT and NV and we saw some gorgeous sights, but living out of a suitcase isn't my idea of a good time. I feel lucky to have had this experience with my family and to have made the memories that we did.

The Wildcats (our son's team) worked hard and won...
We ice skated on a frozen pond in Keystone, CO...
This little guy and his buddies greeted us on a brisk morning in Utah...
A frozen waterfall on the way to Keystone, CO...

Beautiful trees on the side of the road in New Mexico...
This is our silly son in NM, it was about 12 degrees outside...Fuel for the ride; Starbucks and Lofthouse cookies. Yum...
It's so exciting to get the opportunity to drive through so many places. I think we tend to forget or even ignore the beauty of things in our day-to-day routines. I've been making a conscious effort to notice things around me and point them out to my son so that he develops the habit of doing the same.

No comments: