Wednesday, July 27, 2011

No big thing...

Just a little wreath project to brighten up the front door.  I like the idea of the glass panes, but also like the idea of privacy.  As you can see we have a boring white (it's tan on the other side...also boring) shade on the door.

In an attempt to add some interest and color, I made this little guy the other day.



It's just a white styrofoam wreath wrapped with twine.  I'm not 100% sure about the fabric (I like it, but I can't decide if I should have done it differently), but it's glued on with epoxy (can't seem to find my glue gun!) and so for now it stays.


I also added some pre-made yo-yos to help shore up the bottom seam.  I ran a little short with the fabric, so the end of the fabric was more visible than I wanted it to be.

Does that even make sense?  Maybe not, but if you saw it you'd know what I mean.  :)

About yo-yos, I know they're easy to make, at least that's what I've read.  I'm not real proficient with a needle and thread...at least I don't think so.  I guess I need to bust out some fabric and give it a shot!

Okey dokey.  In reality, I'm supposed to be cleaning out a weird room/closet that we've loaded with junk.  Then we're off to start in the garage.....I just needed a little e-break.  (electronic break, lol!)

No comments: