Thursday, October 20, 2011

Peaches for grandma

I had packed up some peaches to send to grandma and after I had it all wrapped up, it occurred to me to cute it up a bit.  Why that didn't occur to me in the first place is beyond me....after all, I have a room full of stuff to cutify things.  Doesn't mean I always do though.

A couple years ago I bought myself a Cricut machine for Christmas and have only used it a handful of times for things that nobody else sees.  I need to change that since there are so many neat things to do with it!


Anyway, I made this using a jar stamp I bought to make tags when I gave jam as gifts a few years ago and the 'Preserves' cartridge.  (These cartridges are chock-full of items to cut out...it's amazing what you could do even if you only had one or two!)  In this instance I would love for the word to have been 'peaches', but hey, what're you gonna do?  :)  

It can be a bit time consuming to get all the paper choices made and layer everything when you're done, but it's totally worth it.  The options on the Cricut machine are pretty endless.  And they're pretty easy to use which is good for my non-techy self.  ;)

The little hearts were made using a Martha Stewart heart shaped hole-punch and added only because somehow when I was finished with this, I managed to get hot glue on it and in trying to take it off, some of the paper tore off!!  grrr....

At any rate, they add a bit more love, right?  Right.

(these opinions are mine and I'm not being compensated in any way for them)

No comments: