Friday, November 18, 2011

It's the little things...

The last few weeks have been trying for me (family stuff) and I haven't been in the mood for getting on here and talking about stuff.  I have since come to the conclusion that the issues I'm facing with my brother aren't going to change.  His choice, not mine.  

On that note, I decided to not dwell on it (I'm a champion dweller) and I'm going to instead be present in my present.  Does that make sense?

So on that note, I was out yesterday and went to the Walmart and as I was diligently going by the list in my head and not getting sidetracked and I found some really cute curtains for my kitchen along with the stuff I went in for.

When I got home, I snagged the last five of these little guys:


And hung these little guys:


They're the Better Homes and Gardens brand (they each came with two red panels and two of those are hanging on the back door, but they're just red and what's exciting about that??) and the packaging says "Fall in love with your home all over again!".  I thought that was a little much until I put these up and put away the dishes.  Guess what? They were right!  I loved my kitchen!  

We rent right now, but if this was my kitchen I would definitely paint the cabinets and walls and change the counters and floors. They aren't horrible, they just aren't what I'd do with my own space.

Believe me though when I tell you that I am thankful to have a kitchen to cook in and a roof over my and my family's heads.  No complaining from me....  :)

5 comments:

Gina said...

Your new curtains look fantastic! I love checks and red & white checks are the best. They really add a nice pop of color to your kitchen.

rebecca @ older and wisor said...

Love the red and white - so cheery! Or maybe that's the EAT CAKE that's making me smile......and hungry....

The Single Nester said...

You don't have an email attached to Blogger so I am commenting here. Thank you for your inspirational comment on my blog about putting together my IKEA desk that I am going to buy. Still scared but stay tuned for updates.

Paula said...

Kori - I saw your comment at Cozy Little House. I hope you are notified of new comments on your blog. I just wanted to tell you that I really like what I have seen on your blog and hope that you can start writing it again.

Come by and visit me at Home in Douglas!

Hayley said...

Thank you so much for your comment and for being a follower! I don't know where Spokane is, but maybe all the more reason to take some trips to Seattle (my favorite city!) and I know there is an Anthro there! And at least there is good online shopping these days! And I am glad that you get to see little glimpses of your home over on my blog every now and again!