Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Fun finds

My local thrifting jaunt includes three stores. The Salvation Army, Goodwill and Keepers. I love all three and have had amazing luck finding things I really like, not just random bits that I later take back to the Goodwill on my own 'cleaning out the house' trips.

A few months ago, I was at the Goodwill and didn't see anything interesting until...

I went next door to Keepers. I found this little goodie to add to my kitchen. My current kitchen isn't the ideal space for it; it's more of a galley style, but I don't care. I wanted the table. The only thing is that I can't decide if I want to keep it natural or paint it.

Maybe someday I'll decide.....
Red? White? Limey green? Pale butter yellow? What do you think?


Then a couple weeks ago while the boys were at hockey, I was trying to focus on housework. It wasn't happening because I kept thinking of a cute jar I saw at the Goodwill.

When I couldn't stand it anymore, I went. I found this cute little tin 'picnic basket'. It's a little dented, but that makes it cuter in my mind.

It functions as a cute place to store/hide seasonal baking items.


Everything has a purpose, right? ;)


This was something I had seen for a good three weeks just sitting on the shelf waiting. It's what I kept thinking about that Saturday. The strawberry pattern just wouldn't leave my mind. I was so excited that it was still there when I went back! It's like it was meant to be. Right? Love it.

Now I have a cute place to keep the oatmeal.


On the same trip, I went to the Salvation Army and found this cutie! It's McCoy and I googled it when I got home and learned that there's a whole line of dish ware in this cute pattern. I had no idea. Now I'm on the lookout for more!

Right now I'm hiding Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs in there....shhh, don't tell!!


I have way too much fun on these excursions and always look forward to going and what I may find. I could spend all day driving here and there to different stores on a hunt for great stuff!

Do you have a favorite place to find goodies for your home? Where is it? What is your fun find?

No comments: