Wednesday, March 17, 2010

My lovelies

I have an addiction. I think I need to stop....buying cupcake liners. Don't ask me what it is about these little guys that I can't resist. Well, I guess obviously it's the patterns (I also guess an under two dollar price point doesn't hurt either, that just makes it easier to justify, right?).

But it's like they call my name when I'm in the aisle...

"Kori....did you see us?" "Take us home with you...."

And I always do. Large, small, regular. I don't discriminate.


I was having the darndest time keeping them in control (I have found they tend to be awkward to store in their original packaging) until one day I looked at my extra canning jars and had an 'A-HA' moment....


They just drop right down in there and snuggle up together. So cozy. And they make looking in my baking cupboard a little more cheerful....it's not just boxes and labels that I see.



I don't like to use them though. I love to bake, but feel so sad when I see these lovelies in the trash. It feels like a waste. So I usually use the typical foil or pastel liners.

No love lost there.



These are just a few patterns I have. I also have a bunch of holiday themed liners that I don't use. I'd love to find some vintage designs somewhere, but until then I'll take what I can get.

Can't wait 'til the next one comes home with me!

What do you collect that you don't use? ;)

No comments: