Monday, May 3, 2010

It's all too much

And I need one of these. This size would do quite nicely too, I think.

I am finding it hard to prioritize these days and get thrown off track rather quickly. I have many many projects that need my attention; not just the daily one's, but the fun one's too. Yesterday I went to a local antique market that comes around once a month, and let me tell you.....the stuff is incredible. I never take pictures (Maybe next time), but just trust me when I tell you that it's awesome.

The problem is that it sends my mind on a trip to la-la land and my brain is swirling with "I could do that..." "oh, wow, I have that, I should do this with it..." you know what I mean. Anyway, so then I go home and look around and have to do something, but can't figure out where to go first.

Usually that starts a cleaning frenzy because what's better than a 'clean' slate? Nothing. So now I have a partially cleaned kitchen with the family room and dining room right behind. Not that these rooms are dirty in the literal sense, but they could use some sprucing up. Then from there, something else will come up that takes me away from the project aspect of my never-ending to-do list.

After that I have a million things to make that I have purchased all the 'doings' for and just haven't done them. Too many things to even speak of. Kind of shameful. ;) Also, I recently received a suitcase full of my great-grandma's dishes and aprons and have yet to photograph them like I said I was going to.

Sigh.

Inspiration and motivation certainly don't go hand in hand around here! Any tips on getting my head straight?? Nike knows.....'Just Do It'.

*the cupcake is from Disneyland...apparently I take a lot of pictures there. :)

No comments: