Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Finally

I finished I Know This Much is True by Wally Lamb. Wow. It was LONG....897 pages long. I wasn't too sure about the story to begin with but quickly became engrossed in the lives and trials of these characters. I really enjoyed the book and have only read one other book, She's Come Undone, by Wally Lamb and loved that one, too. Not quite as long as IKTMIT, but lengthy.

The story tells of identical twin brothers, Dominic the 'normal' and Thomas, schizophrenic, and their family and the way Dominic takes care of everyone around him even as his own life is fairly falling apart. It's definitely a timeless story that could apply to anyone. One to make a person think. I would recommend it to anyone. Have you read it already?

I read to escape, so as much as I like to glean knowledge from books, I mostly read to relax and 'go' somewhere else. I've listed some of my recent reads on my Shelfari Bookcase (scroll all the way down and you can see mine and get your own) and am in the process of adding more (The King of Torts by John Grisham, my first time of reading his work).

Who is your favorite author and what types of books take you away?

No comments: